GoodDay allows you to track time you've spent on your projects and tasks in a variety of ways. One of the most convenient ways is to use the My Time module, which you find in the Home section of the main navigation.
My Time module allows you to review and log time for a particular day or an entire week and run a report on the logged time for a specified period.
The most common use of My Time Daily view is reviewing the work activity and logging time at the end of a work day.
- To select a date use Previous/Next or Calendar buttons in the navigation area.
- To change work day duration (if different from default) click the current workday value .
- You can see the total logged time for the current date in reported time area.
- The Active Tasks section lists all tasks you worked on (replied or messaged) on the current date.
- The Planned section lists all items you planned to work on.
- The Viewed section lists all other tasks you opened during this day.
- To log time on a task not listed in one of the section above click Add time report button
To add or change time spent on a specific task, mouse-over an item in the list and click the current value in Time Spent column:
To remove the time log, mouse-over a task and click Delete button.
If you want to add multiple time logs, e.g. with different descriptions, click "Add" button to the right of a task name.
If Guesstimates are enabled for your account, you will also see the current guesstimates values in a lighter font color while the manually reported time will be displayed in black, bold font. Please note that you cannot change the guesstimate but you can delete it or confirm/adjust by editing the time report manually.
The Weekly view allows to review and log time for the activity for an entire week which can be handy especially if you've worked on a smaller number of tasks.
- To select a week, use Previous/Next or Calendar buttons in the navigation area.
- The total worktime shows the summary of workday durations for the selected week.
- You can see the total logged time for the selected week in the reported time area.
- The Task List displays all active tasks you worked on (replied or messaged) on the current date.
- To log time on a task type not listed in one of the sections above, click Add time report button
To add time spent on a task, click the cell corresponding to a specific day of the week:
To modify, remove or add another time report, click the cell again:
The report screen shows all time reports for a selected date range.
- To select the date range, click the current date range value area.
- The total worktime shows the summary of workday durations for the selected period.
- You can see the total logged time for the selected period in the reported time area.
- Time reports are grouped by tasks and projects they belong to. Click the arrows to the left of a folder/project to see items within them.